Among the action items on the select board’s Monday May 17 agenda is reconsideration of the board’s April 7 action on Charter Commission appointments. At that time the board appointed Steve Libby, Don Libby and Linda Chase on a 2-1 vote (with one abstention) that has since been challenged.
Also on the agenda:
- A presentation by OTELCO about expansion of fiber internet in New Gloucester
- A request by Richard McCann to purchase 65 acres of town-owned property near the Auburn line
- Formal confirmation of Christine Landes as town manager
- Opening of bids for the new transfer station loader
- Review of RFPs for paving and sand and gravel
- Action regarding the former salt and sand shed at 1036 Lewiston Road
The meeting begins at 7 pm on Zoom. The full May 17 agenda, Zoom codes for logging in, and supporting documents can be accessed here.
The select board meeting will be preceded by a meeting at 6 pm as assessors to consider tax abatement requests and to review the town’s policy on collection of unpaid personal property taxes. Information on the assessors’ meeting can also be accessed here.
— Joanne Cole