It’s a very busy season for town business. See the Town of New Gloucester web site:
Serve the community
• Run for office. Get your nomination papers (due back April 13th with signatures). There are two positions open on the Board of Selectmen, two MSAD 15 school board seats, one Water District Trustee. Elections are held in June.
• Serve on a committee The Candidates Forum committee needs members before it can convene and start planning for the fall Candidates Forum.
A new Ad hoc Public Works Construction Committee is also looking for members.
• Attend a public hearing about issues you care about
All public hearings take place at the Meeting House, next to Town Hall at 7 PM.
Monday, March 5th: Three public hearings will take place as part of the Board of Selectmen’s regular meeting.
• Design, construction and financing of new Public Works facility.
• Amendments to the Pineland Municipal Tax Increment Financing District and its development program
• Liquor license application for Black Tie, Inc., located at Pineland.
Tuesday March 6th: Public hearings on zoning ordinance changes including: •clarification of “community living arrangements” as relates to Day One’s new residential treatment facility
• changes to Village Zone boundaries in the Lower Village, and
• adoption of a “Planned Development” section. Documents are online under the Planning section, or call Planner Scott Hastings with any questions.