To: MSAD 15 Community
From: Craig King, Superintendent
Date: November 17, 2020
Re: COVID-19 Update
Thank you to all students, families, and employees for their disciplined response to the rather abrupt announcement regarding the high school closure.
Please allow me to provide some important follow-up information:
All students and staff who were in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case have been notified through direct communication with either a school nurse or school administrator. This is 100% complete.
Although we have confirmed cases of COVID-19, this was not the driving factor in closing the high school. Confirmed cases can be quarantined at home allowing the school to remain open and functioning safely. The primary reason we closed the high school is due to a critical shortage of substitute teachers and substitute support staff. The confirmed COVID-19 cases exacerbated the existing substitute problem.
- All high school students will learn remotely until we return to in-person instruction on November 30, 2020.
- All high school students and staff will follow the same schedule as they would if they were in-person.
- Mr. Finn will send an e-mail with the specific schedule to all students and parents Wednesday or sooner.
- Starting Thursday, November 19, 2020, high school teachers and Ed. Techs may work at school in their assigned area if they choose.
- All other high school personnel are expected to work their regular schedule. Contact your direct supervisor if you need clarification.
- School meals will continue to be available for pick up at the high school or the other four schools for the entire school closure. Mr. Finn will send out clarifying details by e-mail.
- High School parents or students may contact the following people if they have questions or concerns:
- Mr. Finn, general high school questions
- Ms. Grealish, general high school questions
- Ms. Ordway, nutrition
- Ms. Leavitt, special services
- Ms. Barone, nursing services