The First Congregational Church will be collecting non-perishable food items or household products to donate to the Food Pantry during this holiday season. The Food Pantry is open the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 7:45 am to 9:30 am and is located behind the First Congregational Church. About 12-15 families typically use the food pantry. Casco BAY CAN has provided the church with 35 grocery bags that can be used to collect food. Some take part in a “Reverse Advent Calendar” and put one item in the food bag on each day of Advent. You can also fill the bag as it works for you. In any case, donations welcome anytime this month or at the Christmas eve service. Some items that are particularly in need include: cold cereal, jam/jelly, crackers, instant potatoes, fruit juice in plastic containers, canned tuna or chicken, canned fruits, vegetable soups, peanut butter, canned pasta, dry pasta, rice, jello/pudding mixes, coffee, mayo, tea AND items such as TP, dish soap and laundry detergent. To find out more, call the church office at: 926-3260.
Subscribe via Email
M T W T F S S2729303125791014161819212324272830Thu 20June 20 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmThu 20June 20 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmSat 22June 22 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amSat 22June 22 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pmTue 25June 25 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Why Did so Many Helicoptors Land in New Gloucester Recently?
- Board Increases Rates for Emergency Services
- Friends of the Library Multiples Value of Book Donations
- Thompsons’ Moves Back to the Farm
- Sabbathday Shores Site Walk
- Ladies in Waiting
- The Original “Ice Out” Before Sabbathday was the Lake
- Colby and Donovan Win Select Board Seats; Charter Commission Effort Fails by Five Votes
- The Final Summary…
- Charter Misconceptions