Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village, home to the world’s only living
Shakers, is opening its doors to friends and volunteers for a Community Work Day on Saturday, May 11th from 9am-3pm. Join the Shakers and their friends by helping with Spring clean-up and chores throughout the historic buildings, barns, gardens, and grounds. Spend the day enjoying the beauty and serenity of this 236-year old farm while putting your hands to work,
and walking in the footsteps of generations of Shakers before. Meet
friendly people who come from Maine and across New England to join the
Shakers in support of their enduring traditions. All are welcome to the
potluck dinner, served community-style in the Shakers’ Dwelling House.
Experience one of Maine’s most unique and enduring cultures. Come one,
come all! Please RSVP at friendsoftheshakers.org or email email@example.com or call 207-926-4597.
Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village is located at 707 Shaker Rd, New Gloucester, ME.
Subscribe via Email
M T W T F S S29303124791112161820212223252629301Mon 19August 19 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmSat 24August 24 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amSat 24August 24 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pmTue 27August 27 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmWed 28August 28 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Patti’s Aug. 16 “Inside New Gloucester” Column
- Community Fair is back after five years
- David Moran, owner of Sorella’s Bakehouse and an ‘unsung hero’ of Portland’s food scene
- GNG hires two soccer coaches, adds volleyball
- David Anthony Moran, 63
- Select Board seeks input on by-laws, policies
- Land Management Planning Committee continues work on solar arrays, gets update on marinas and docks
- Patti’s Aug. 2 “Inside New Gloucester” Column
- Comprehensive Plan Update Committee starts written plan review
- Norumbega Cidery Open House